It’s been described as “Rebel Without a Cause” meets “Love Story,” but this Kirsten Dunst vehicle looks like another take on “Romeo and Juliet.” Cultures clash when Nicole Oakley (Dunst), the troubled daughter of an affluent congressman, turns her personal rebellion into a play for the attention of wrong-side-of-the-tracks honors student Carlos Nunez (newcomer Jay Hernandez), who takes the bus from his East L.A. home to prestigious Pacific Palisades High School. Despite the naysayings of friends and family, the teens fall in love, only to find Nicole’s bent for self-destruction threatens Carlos’ drive for achievement.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California