It’s been described as “Rebel Without a Cause” meets “Love Story,” but this Kirsten Dunst vehicle looks like another take on “Romeo and Juliet.” Cultures clash when Nicole Oakley (Dunst), the troubled daughter of an affluent congressman, turns her personal rebellion into a play for the attention of wrong-side-of-the-tracks honors student Carlos Nunez (newcomer Jay Hernandez), who takes the bus from his East L.A. home to prestigious Pacific Palisades High School. Despite the naysayings of friends and family, the teens fall in love, only to find Nicole’s bent for self-destruction threatens Carlos’ drive for achievement.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- John Paul the Great Catholic University, Escondido, California
- Cal State U Fullerton, Fullerton, California
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, New York
- Fork Films LLC, New York, New York