It’s been 10 years since John Singleton rocked the world with “Boyz N the Hood,” and we’ve been waiting for the second installment ever since. Although this isn’t a sequel per se, “Baby Boy” takes place in the same inner-city L.A. neighborhood where Singleton set “Boyz,” and it features a similar storyline that centers on a young African-American man at a moral and emotional crossroads. Written, directed and produced by Singleton, the movie features Tyrese Gibson, Omar Gooding, A.J. Johnson, Taraji P. Henson, Snoop Dogg and Ving Rhames.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania