It’s been 10 years since John Singleton rocked the world with “Boyz N the Hood,” and we’ve been waiting for the second installment ever since. Although this isn’t a sequel per se, “Baby Boy” takes place in the same inner-city L.A. neighborhood where Singleton set “Boyz,” and it features a similar storyline that centers on a young African-American man at a moral and emotional crossroads. Written, directed and produced by Singleton, the movie features Tyrese Gibson, Omar Gooding, A.J. Johnson, Taraji P. Henson, Snoop Dogg and Ving Rhames.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California