Submission guidelines mailed this week
HOLLYWOOD — The 74th annual Academy Awards rules are being mailed this week to the approximately 5,750 voting members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.
Included in the rulebook is a previously announced timeline of deadlines for submitting entries in certain categories.
Sked is as follows:
- Entry forms for the docu categories are due Oct. 1. The deadline for receipt of the film print and proof of qualifying exhibition is Oct. 31 (which also is the last date for a docu to screen in order to qualify).
- Deadline for entry forms and supporting documents in the foreign-lingo category is Nov. 1. Prints must be received at the Academy by Nov. 15. (To qualify, films must have screened by Oct. 31 in the country of submission.)
- In the short films categories, entry form deadline is Nov. 1, and the deadline for receiving the film print and proof of qualifying exhibition or award is Nov. 30, which is also the date by which films must be screened to qualify.
- For animated feature, deadline is Nov. 1, and the final date for receiving the film print is Dec. 19.
- In the music categories, submissions must be made no later than 60 days after the qualifying Los Angeles release opening or by Dec. 1, whichever comes first.
In all other categories, the deadline for submission of official screen credits forms to the Acad is 60 days after the qualifying Los Angeles release opening or by Dec. 1, whichever comes first. Form must be filed in order for a feature film to be considered for the 74th annual Academy Awards.
Oscar noms will be announced at 5:38 a.m. Feb. 12 at the Academy. Kudocast will be held March 24 at the Kodak Theater.