With the aim of increased selectivity and more focus, Variety has streamlined its annual Anniversary Issue tradition of “50 Creatives to Watch” to 20 talents. Given the bounty of gifted up-and-comers in the various disciplines of film, television, theater and music covered here, the process was difficult, to say the least. However, one might view the personalities profiled in these pages as a microcosmic view of the creative instinct, hard work and sheer tenacity required to succeed in the highly competitive world of entertainment. They also represent the tip of the ice berg in terms of artists in the industry who deserve wider recognition.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania