NEW YORK — MTV has five shows in development for its prime “10 Spot,” the channel announced Thursday at an upfront presentation for advertisers in Los Angeles on Thursday.
The shows are:
- “Road Home” — A half-hour weekly performance/biography series that will chronicle the musical roots of an artist or band using their hometown as a backdrop.
- “SpyderWeb” (working title) — A one hour soap opera that begins at the funeral of the most hated man in town and revolves around the family and Internet startup he left behind.
- “Hell House” — A one-hour soap opera that focuses on a haunted boarding house, which is rented out to college kids. Produced in conjunction with New Line Television, “Hell House” is written by Millee Taggert and exec produced by Francesca James.
- “Jams 2000” — A one-hour weekly show that will combine hip-hop videos with online technology.
- “Video Feuds” — A half-hour live contest show in which viewers will vote for their favorite musicvideos.