Rena Sofer, currently co-starring with Edward Norton and Jenna Elfman in “Keeping the Faith,” will join Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones in Steven Soderbergh’s “Traffic.” Sofer, who just wrapped the pilot “News From the Edge” for NBC, is repped by Metropolitan.
* * *Farrah Fawcett has signed to topline the CBS telefilm “Jewel,” based on Brett Lott’s best-seller set in the 1940’s about a mother whose fifth child is born with Down’s Syndrome. Fawcett, who stars in the upcoming TNT telepic “Baby” and Robert Altman’s “Dr. T and the Women,” is repped by Gold/Marshak/Liedtke and manager Mark Burg at Evolution Entertainment.
* * *Bobby Hosea, a series regular on “Pensacola: Wings of Gold,” has signed on to CBS’ Manhattan-based pilot “Mysteries of 71st Street.” Afterwards, he’ll co-star with Casper Van Dien in the feature “Goin’ Back” for helmer Sidney Furie. Hosea is repped by Metropolitan and Sarabeth Schedeen Management.
* * *Lin Shaye, best known for her memorably gross turns in Farrelly brothers films like “There’s Something About Mary,” will appear in their new feature “Say It Isn’t So.” Shaye, who’ll soon be seen in the Farrellys’ “Me, Myself and Irene” and the indie feature “Spanish Moss,” is repped by Paul Kohner Inc. and Hofflund/Polone.
* * *Sherman Augustus (“Virus”) will join Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts as the hitman in DreamWorks/NewMarket’s “The Mexican” for helmer Gore Verbinski (“Mouse Hunt”). He’s repped by Writers & Artists and Marilyn Black of Rustic Canyon Management.
* * *Eric Dane, last seen with Peter Coyote in the 1999 indie feature “The Basket,” has joined Andre Braugher and Ruben Blades in Paul Attanasio’s on-air guaranteed ABC pilot “Gideon’s Crossing.” Dane is repped by Bill Danziger and manager Brian Williams of Kritzer Entertainment. Also on board for “Gideon’s Crossing” is Hamish Linklater (“Groove”), who’s repped by Don Buchwald & Associates and manager Matthew Lesher at Lesher Entertainment.
* * *Pat Kilbane (“Mad TV”) has been added to the cast of the Fox pilot “Star Patrol.” Kilbane, who’ll be seen in the upcoming features “Monkey Bone” for Fox and “Road Trip” for DreamWorks, is repped by Amsel, Eisenstadt & Frazier and manager Alissa Vradenburg at Industry Entertainment.
* * *Zoe McLellan (“Inventing the Abbotts”) has landed the lead role of D’Artagnan in the Fox/Warner Bros. action pilot “MK3.” She’s repped by Don Buchwald & Associates and Sarabeth Schedeen Management.
* * *Young Matt Weinberg (“An American Daughter”) has joined the cast of the CBS telepic “The Last Dance.” He’s repped by Innovative and manager Elissa Leeds-Fickman of Reel Talent Management.
* * *Tygh Runyan (“Disturbing Behavior”) is set to star in RCI Pictures’ romantic comedy “Come Together.” He’s repped by Paradigm and manager Kate Edwards.