Marie Edna Buettner Snyder, known as “Mother Snyder” to fans of her son Tom Snyder’s television and radio shows, died Sept. 25 in her residence at Mary Crest Manor in Culver City. She was 91.Tom Snyder’s stories of his mother, such as his memories of spending Christmas around the piano or his mother’s constant request for more hairnets, allowed viewers across America to get to know her. Every December for five years, up to 100 or more birthday cards would arrive at CBS, addressed simply to “Mother Snyder.” Snyder is survived by two sons, Tom and John, a grandson, granddaughter and great-granddaughter. Family suggests remembrances in her name be made to the Mary Crest Manor, 10664, St. James Drive, Culver City, CA 90230.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut