Emile Buyse, longtime international motion picture marketing executive, died Dec. 29 of cancer in Los Angeles. He was 72.Buyse, who was based in Los Angeles and Paris, most recently handled the international distribution of Mel Brook’s films through his own company, EBE Intl. Prior to working with Brooks, Buyse served as president of 20th Century Fox Intl. from 1976 to 1980 where he handled such films as “Star Wars,” “The Omen,” “Silent Movie,” “Alien” and “Julia.” Buyse originally joined Fox in 1968 after working for Columbia Pictures Intl. in Belgium and Paris. He also worked for United Artists in Paris as VP in charge of European marketing. He is survived by his wife Evelyn and two brothers. In lieu of flowers, family suggests donations in his name be made to the American Cancer Society.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut