Former Columbia TriStar advertiser sales exec Chris Kager has taken up the sales reins at Rainbow Advertising Sales Corp., a division of Cablevision and NBC subsid Rainbow Media Holdings. Move to Rainbow had been expected since last month, when the television ad sales vet ankled the Col division he had helped to start up in 1992 (Daily Variety, June 28).Kager’s duties as prexy of national advertising sales will include overseeing ad sales for Rainbow networks Bravo, MuchMusic and Romance Classics and directing development of marketing sponsorships for American Movie Classics and the Independent Film Channel. “Chris is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced television advertising sales executives in our business,” said Rainbow Advertising Sales prexy and chief operating officer David Kline, to whom Kager will report.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania