Bea Marcus, the commercial actress perhaps best remembered for uttering the line “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” in a TV commercial, died Sept. 18 of natural causes in a Portland, Ore., nursing home. She was 88.A former housewife from Queens, New York, she moved to Los Angeles during the 1970s and took up extra work to keep busy. She eventually had speaking parts in numerous films and TV projects including the commercial for “Life Call,” the 24-hour emergency medical response system now called “Lifeline Systems.” She is survived by a son and daughter and two grandchildren. Family suggests donations in her name be made to The Prasad Project, 465 Brickman Road, Hurleyville, NY, 12747-5314.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut