Site bows voyueristic series
Joe and Harry Gantz, the creators of HBO’s voyeuristic docu “Taxicab Confessions,” have bowed Crushedplanet.com, a new Netcasting site featuring five original shows that use the duo’s hidden-camera approach to filmmaking but with Webcams.Launched out of the duo’s offices in Woodland Hills, site features programming the Gantz brothers describe as more edgy, raw and straightforward than can be seen on TV. Initial crop of series on the site includes:
- “First Apartment”: A 24-7 feed of couples living in apartments in San Francisco and Los Angeles. When the couples aren’t at home, show plays back previously recorded footage.
- “Eavesdropping”: Hidden cameras record people’s actions inside a dating service, a wedding chapel, hair salon, county jail and sex toy party.
- “War on Comedy”: Once a week, a group of black comics perform standup comedy in M and M’s Soul Food Kitchen, a restaurant in South Central L.A.
- “24/7″: Shot 24 hours over one week, show takes a closeup look at the stories of five friends in New York’s Spanish Harlem.
- “Couples Arguing”: A show about five couples arguing. Nearly 50 hours of arguments and interviews were shot.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more