BERLIN — Two German daytime talkshow hosts have received death threats from wrathful viewers who said their shows are too vulgar, prosecutors said Monday.
Arabella Kiesbauer of commercial web ProSieben received an anonymous letter demanding that she change the show’s content within six weeks to make it more decent, Munich prosecutor Manfred Wick said.
Hans Meiser, who hosts a talkshow on rival web RTL, received a similar letter.
While the letters were received in April, officials waited until now to release the information. The stations have not heard from the perpetrator or perpetrators of the threats since.
The prosecutor added that the threats were being taken seriously because Kiesbauer previously had been the target of a racist letter-bomber. An assistant of the talkshow host was injured four years ago by a letter bomb meant for Kiesbauer.
A spokesman for ProSieben said the web had increased security around Kiesbauer. German media reported she now had six bodyguards.