Patrick Moten, a longtime music industryite who was a music director for Bobby Womack and Gerald Albright, died Nov. 22 in Los Angeles following a brief battle with cancer. He was 42.A respected keyboardist, he recorded and toured worldwide with Tina Turner, the Rolling Stones, Albright, Lalah Hathaway and Frankie Beverly and Maze. Moten gained recognition as the producer of Anita Baker’s 1983 debut album, “The Songstress.” He had recently formed his own musical group, the Patrick Moten Orchestra, and had performed extensively throughout the Los Angeles area. He is survived by his parents, a brother and a sister.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut