Lawrence James Cavanaugh, a longtime special effects coordinator, died Mondayin Colorado from pneumonia complications. He was 60.Cavanaugh, who enjoyed a 35-year career, was mentored by effects wizard Joe Lombardi and worked on numerous films including “Catch-22,” “Apocalypse Now,” “Far and Away,” “Godfather III,” “Dick Tracy,” “Jade,” “Face/Off,” “Six Days Seven Nights” and most recently “Mission: Impossible II.” He supervised 29 feature films and worked with such helmers as Francis Ford Coppola, Ron Howard, Norman Jewison, William Friedkin, Warren Beatty and John Woo. He is survived by his wife of 20 years, Jan, two sons, a brother and a granddaughter. A memorial service in Hollywood is pending.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut