James Logan Anderson Jr., longtime manager of the songwriters Ashford and Simpson, died Oct. 24 of complications from asthma at Roosevelt Hospital in New York. He was 48.Born in Dayton, Ohio, Anderson began his career in music management in the 1970s, representing the Ohio Players. For the next seven years, he managed the ’70s funk group. Through his musical contacts, Anderson began managing other R&B and soul groups including the Commodores, Stephanie Mills and Al B. Sure. In the early 1980s, Anderson teamed up with Ashford and Simpson. The songwriting/producing duo were represented by Anderson until his death. Anderson is survived by his father, brother and sister.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut