Longtime Los Angeles broadcast reporter and sportscaster Cleve Hermann, died Dec. 31 after a fall at his home in Redding. He was 80.A distinctive figure with a black patch over his blind left eye, Hermann worked at radio station KFWB for 40 years, featured in segments called “At Large in LA.” and “Cleve Hermann’s Sports Scoreboard.” Born in Illinois, Hermann moved to Missouri and then Los Angeles as a child. A USC journalism graduate, he also worked in local TV news and for the Mirror newspaper. Hermann was the author of a book, “Cleve Hermann, At Large in LA.” At the time of his death, he was working on another book about growing up in Los Angeles and covering the city. His son, Steve, said the book was nearly completed.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut