You will be redirected back to your article in seconds

Nielsen to track ‘Net ratings

Global service ACNielsen eRatings.com online in 2000

NEW YORK — The A.C. Nielsen Corp. has joined with NetRatings Inc. to set up the first global service to track the number of viewers and advertisers who use the Internet.

The goal of the two companies is to establish the division, to be known as ACNielsen eRatings.com, as the most authoritative supplier of information on the users of the Internet in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. The division plans to start supplying data by the end of the first quarter of 2000.

Nielsen will buy a 10% stake in NetRatings for $12.5 million in cash. Nielsen will own 80% of the joint Internet venture, NetRatings the other 20%.

More Digital

  • Snapchat logos

    Snap Lays Off Recruiters as It Prepares for Slower Hiring (Report)

    NEW YORK — The A.C. Nielsen Corp. has joined with NetRatings Inc. to set up the first global service to track the number of viewers and advertisers who use the Internet. The goal of the two companies is to establish the division, to be known as ACNielsen eRatings.com, as the most authoritative supplier of information […]

  • Lockhart_Steele

    Vox Media Editorial Director Lockhart Steele Fired for Sexual Harassment

    NEW YORK — The A.C. Nielsen Corp. has joined with NetRatings Inc. to set up the first global service to track the number of viewers and advertisers who use the Internet. The goal of the two companies is to establish the division, to be known as ACNielsen eRatings.com, as the most authoritative supplier of information […]

  • Chelsea Handler Netflix trailer

    'Chelsea' Proves Netflix Can't Always Beat TV at Its Own Game (Opinion)

    NEW YORK — The A.C. Nielsen Corp. has joined with NetRatings Inc. to set up the first global service to track the number of viewers and advertisers who use the Internet. The goal of the two companies is to establish the division, to be known as ACNielsen eRatings.com, as the most authoritative supplier of information […]

  • Twitter outage

    Twitter to Ban Groups Promoting Violence, Hate Symbols

    NEW YORK — The A.C. Nielsen Corp. has joined with NetRatings Inc. to set up the first global service to track the number of viewers and advertisers who use the Internet. The goal of the two companies is to establish the division, to be known as ACNielsen eRatings.com, as the most authoritative supplier of information […]

  • Echo Fox - Yankees - esports

    New York Yankees Invest in eSports Holding Firm Backed by Ex-NBA Star Rick Fox

    NEW YORK — The A.C. Nielsen Corp. has joined with NetRatings Inc. to set up the first global service to track the number of viewers and advertisers who use the Internet. The goal of the two companies is to establish the division, to be known as ACNielsen eRatings.com, as the most authoritative supplier of information […]

  • Thomas and Friends- Big World! Big

    International Newswire: Mipcom Sees First Signs of Peak TV Animation

    NEW YORK — The A.C. Nielsen Corp. has joined with NetRatings Inc. to set up the first global service to track the number of viewers and advertisers who use the Internet. The goal of the two companies is to establish the division, to be known as ACNielsen eRatings.com, as the most authoritative supplier of information […]

  • The Walking Dead 360 Experience: Negan

    'Walking Dead' Claws Deeper Into VR in AMC's New Virtual-Reality App

    NEW YORK — The A.C. Nielsen Corp. has joined with NetRatings Inc. to set up the first global service to track the number of viewers and advertisers who use the Internet. The goal of the two companies is to establish the division, to be known as ACNielsen eRatings.com, as the most authoritative supplier of information […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content