E! Online has named Laurel Dunlea as VP of marketing. She will oversee all of E! Online’s marketing initiatives. Dunlea began her marketing career with Grey Advertising and DDB Needham.Additionally, E! Entertainment has upped Doug Sylvester to senior VP of new business development, strategy and online operations. In his new post, Sylvester will be responsible for directing the network’s expansion into new lines of business. Sylvester joined E! Entertainment in 1995 to create the new business development department.
* * *Ira Sallen has been upped to senior VP of human resources for BMG Entertainment. He will be responsible for overseeing personnel issues and finding and developing new talent. Sallen joined BMG in 1989, working as VP of human resources international. Prior to joining BMG, Sallen worked in human resources for Computervision Corporation and Clean Harbors Inc. He was also a senior consultant for Arthur Young and Company.
* * *Ladd Vance has been promoted to senior VP of production and marketing at Filmtown Entertainment, where he will be responsible for finding literary material, attaching directors and actors and creating trailers. His most recent negotiation was the upcoming feature “What We Do is Secret,” a biopic of the legendary Darby Cash, which stars David Arquette. Pic began shooting earlier this summer.
* * *Saban Entertainment’s consumer products and promotions department has promoted Frank Keating to VP of consumer products and David Bernstein to manager of all retail development. Keating is expected to implement long-term marketing strategies and brand-building programs, while Bernstein will oversee all retail promotions and marketing endeavors. In addition, former Mattel Inc. employee Robin Altman and former Coca-Cola licensing manager Cindy Davis have been named directors of licensing and merchandising.
* * *Steven Jensen, former partner and member of Bohemia Entertainment Group, has joined Independent Management Group as manager in their TV/film department. Jensen will also take part of the Independent Management’s feature film production division with the productions of “Christmas With J.D.” and “Last of Jo,” all set to begin production in December. Meanwhile, he has facilitated the deal on the feature “Angels” starring Ethan Hawke and helmed by Chris Eyre, which is set to shoot in November.
* * *Digital effects artist Don Lee has joined the CPVFX Division at Complete Post. Lee has already created visual effects at CPVFX for Sway & Tech’s “The Anthem” music video. Prior to joining Complete Post, Lee worked on such pictures as “Armageddon,” “Air Force One” and Pleasantville.” His other projects include the Fiona Apple video “Across the Universe.”
* * *Ann (A.J.) Johnson has joined Granada Entertainment USA as VP, creative affairs. She will be head of Granada Entertainment USA’s series development department, which includes all comedy, drama and light entertainment series projects. She will also oversee the adaptation and development of British formats to the U.S. marketplace.
* * *The WB 100+ Station group has promoted Juli Biondi to VP of technical operations. She joined the WB network in 1995 as director of operations for post-production services in on-air promotions. In her new position, Biondi will oversee expansion of the company’s services and future development in addition to continuing to manage all technical operations at the station group’s central site in L.A. Before coming to the WB, Biondi spent 17 years at Compact Video/4MC in various departments.
* * *Nickelodeon has promoted Sal Maniaci to VP, current series, East Coast. In his newly created position, Maniaci will manage Nickelodeon’s current series department and oversee all execs in charge of production. In addition, he will remain supervisor to all Marquee Tollin/Robbins productions, based out of Los Angeles.
* * *Alliance Atlantis Motion Picture Distribution recently promoted four employees to VP status. Nelson Kuo Lee, former director of operations, is now the VP of operations, motion picture distribution, where he will now oversee all systems of development and implementation with the company’s finance group. David Partridge has been promoted to VP of home video for motion picture distribution, Canada, after four years as general manager of video. Patrick Roy, who was most recently in charge of all TV sales in Quebec, has been promoted to VP of acquisitions and sales for Alliance Atlantis Vivafilm; the company’s Quebec-based motion picture distribution unit. And Doug Smith has been appointed to VP of TV sales, English, Canada, where he will be responsible for all sales of feature films.
* * *TVN Entertainment Corp. has promoted Michele Donaldson to VP of marketing. She will oversee all aspects of consumer and trade marketing for the company’s digital near-video-on-demand and video-on-demand pay-per-view networks as well as for its new home shopping and e-commerce services for digital cable affiliates. Donaldson joined TVN in 1998 as director of consumer marketing.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more