Cheryl McDermott has been upped to senior VP, business affairs at Saban International.In her new position, McDermott will continue to oversee program acquisitions, operations and administration for Fox Kids Networks Intl., as well as dedicated cable and satellite channels in 30 countries. Previously, McDermott was VP, international business affairs for the company. Before joining Saban, she was veep, international TV distribution for Turner Entertainment Co.
* * *Court TV has tapped Betsy Vorce senior VP of corporate communications. Vorce, who was a longtime head of corporate communications for Viacom Inc., comes to Court TV from Winstar New Media.
* * *Jeffrey Shulman has been upped to associate veep and director of entertainment services at Medialink Worldwide Inc. Shulman, a 10-year veteran of the company, will be working with publicist Suzanne Goldstyn and Emmy-award winning producer Elizabeth Anderson.
* * *Twentieth Century Fox has upped Carol Celentano to VP of legal affairs, theatrical production. In her new position, Celentano will be responsible for negotiating all department head agreements and below-the-line issues for the studio’s feature film divisions, as well as supervising other key departmental and administrative matters. Celentano joined Fox in 1986 and has served as manager, contract administration at Twentieth Television and as director, legal affairs at 20th Century Fox.
* * *Columbia TriStar Television Distribution has upped Doug Roth to senior VP, television research. He was previously the company’s VP, television research. In the new position, Roth will oversee and manage the operation of the television research department, including network, syndication, cable and corporate research. He will also oversee the development of research materials and sales presentation for upcoming events. Roth joined Columbia Pictures Television in 1979 as a junior analyst.
* * *Michael Taylor has been upped to senior VP, general manager for Universal Studios, Hollywood. In his new position, Taylor will oversee the food and beverage, merchandise, tech services and parking operations, as well as the overall operations of the studio. Previously, Taylor served as senior veep, operations. He began his career at U in 1973 as a park attendant and served in numerous positions including assistant director of architectural services and director of operations.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!