Call it an oversight.Ninety-three years ago, when Variety started publishing each week in New York , it would have been propitious to start a daily as well. Instead, it was not until 1933 that Daily Variety came into being, but in a different venue — Hollywood. Now we’re making amends. Starting today, Daily Variety Gotham will be published every weekday to bring our readers the breaking news of the entertainment and media industries. We will augment our comprehensive coverage from the West Coast and overseas with additional news of the New York scene — broadcasting, publishing, theater, independent film, marketing, business, finance and all the other elements that make New York the world’s media center. So it took us 93 years. At least we got there.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut