Sidney “Big Sid” Ginsberg, a retired motion picture distribution and production executive, died of cancer June 18 in Sarasota, Fla. He was 78.He began as an assistant theater manager for Loews Theatres. In 1943, he joined Trans-Lux as a theater manager and film booker. He later helped form Trans-Lux Distributing Corp. and eventually became vice president in charge of sales. During the 1970s and ’80s, he served in executive capacities for several entertainment companies. He was also a longtime member of the Friars Club. Ginsberg is survived by his wife, Nelly, two sons and five grandchildren.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut