Michael Daniel Haller, a production designer whose film credits include “The Last Detail,” “Bound for Glory” and George Lucas’ first feature, “THX 1138,” died July 11 of cancer in Los Angeles. He was 60.Haller also collaborated with Hal Ashby on all of the director’s Academy Award nominated pictures, including “Being There” and “Coming Home.” Additional film credits include both of Sean Penn’s directorial efforts, “The Indian Runner” and “The Crossing Guard.” Haller began his career in the 1960s as a TV commercial director after graduating from Chionard Art College in Los Angeles. Haller’s final credit was Anthony Drazen’s “Hurlyburly,” scheduled to be released by Fine Line. He is survived by his two sons. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at the San Fernando Mission Cemetery.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut