Eldon Shamblin, a rhythm guitarist who helped create the sound of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, died Aug. 5 of heart failure in Tulsa, Okla. He was 82.Shamblin contributed a jazz influence to the Texas Playboys, arranging such swing standards as “San Antonio Rose” and “Faded Love” before leaving the group in 1959. After Wills’ death, Shamblin joined a group called the Bob Wills’ Original Texas Playboys. Shamblin toured and recorded with Merle Haggard from 1975 until the mid-1990s. He released his final solo album at age 80.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut