You will be redirected back to your article in seconds

USA, CitySearch seal deal

B'caster to control 62.5% of new company

USA Networks confirmed Thursday that it has agreed to buy control of Internet city entertainment guide producer CitySearch Inc., which USA will merge with its Ticketmaster Online unit.

USA will control 62.5% of the new company, to be called Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch, while the remaining 37.5% will be controlled by existing CitySearch shareholders.

“I think possibly the last frontier of size to be organized on the Internet is the local city site,” said USA Chairman and CEO Barry Diller. “As we have maintained for some time, we believe that most people’s interests lie within the general limits of the cities in which they live. We hope this combination of assets, together with the cheering help of USA’s local broadcast stations, will create critical mass in this growing Internet area.”

More Digital

  • Snapchat logos

    Snap Lays Off Recruiters as It Prepares for Slower Hiring (Report)

    USA Networks confirmed Thursday that it has agreed to buy control of Internet city entertainment guide producer CitySearch Inc., which USA will merge with its Ticketmaster Online unit. USA will control 62.5% of the new company, to be called Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch, while the remaining 37.5% will be controlled by existing CitySearch shareholders. “I think possibly […]

  • Lockhart_Steele

    Vox Media Editorial Director Lockhart Steele Fired for Sexual Harassment

    USA Networks confirmed Thursday that it has agreed to buy control of Internet city entertainment guide producer CitySearch Inc., which USA will merge with its Ticketmaster Online unit. USA will control 62.5% of the new company, to be called Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch, while the remaining 37.5% will be controlled by existing CitySearch shareholders. “I think possibly […]

  • Chelsea Handler Netflix trailer

    'Chelsea' Proves Netflix Can't Always Beat TV at Its Own Game (Opinion)

    USA Networks confirmed Thursday that it has agreed to buy control of Internet city entertainment guide producer CitySearch Inc., which USA will merge with its Ticketmaster Online unit. USA will control 62.5% of the new company, to be called Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch, while the remaining 37.5% will be controlled by existing CitySearch shareholders. “I think possibly […]

  • Twitter outage

    Twitter to Ban Groups Promoting Violence, Hate Symbols

    USA Networks confirmed Thursday that it has agreed to buy control of Internet city entertainment guide producer CitySearch Inc., which USA will merge with its Ticketmaster Online unit. USA will control 62.5% of the new company, to be called Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch, while the remaining 37.5% will be controlled by existing CitySearch shareholders. “I think possibly […]

  • Echo Fox - Yankees - esports

    New York Yankees Invest in eSports Holding Firm Backed by Ex-NBA Star Rick Fox

    USA Networks confirmed Thursday that it has agreed to buy control of Internet city entertainment guide producer CitySearch Inc., which USA will merge with its Ticketmaster Online unit. USA will control 62.5% of the new company, to be called Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch, while the remaining 37.5% will be controlled by existing CitySearch shareholders. “I think possibly […]

  • Thomas and Friends- Big World! Big

    International Newswire: Mipcom Sees First Signs of Peak TV Animation

    USA Networks confirmed Thursday that it has agreed to buy control of Internet city entertainment guide producer CitySearch Inc., which USA will merge with its Ticketmaster Online unit. USA will control 62.5% of the new company, to be called Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch, while the remaining 37.5% will be controlled by existing CitySearch shareholders. “I think possibly […]

  • The Walking Dead 360 Experience: Negan

    'Walking Dead' Claws Deeper Into VR in AMC's New Virtual-Reality App

    USA Networks confirmed Thursday that it has agreed to buy control of Internet city entertainment guide producer CitySearch Inc., which USA will merge with its Ticketmaster Online unit. USA will control 62.5% of the new company, to be called Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch, while the remaining 37.5% will be controlled by existing CitySearch shareholders. “I think possibly […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content