Alda inks with ICM for representation
Actor-director-writer Alan Alda has signed with International Creative Management, where he will be repped by Toni Howard, Eddy Yablams and Danny Greenberg.Though best known for his role as Captain “Hawkeye” Pierce in the TV series “MASH,” Alda has split his time in recent years between stage work (such as the current, critically acclaimed show “Art”) and features (“Crimes and Misdemeanors,” “Manhattan Murder Mystery,” “The Object of My Affection,” “Mad City” and “Everyone Says I Love You.”) The hyphenate is co-managed by Martin Bregman and Marty Bauer.
* * *Actor David Caruso, who most recently starred in the CBS drama series “Michael Hayes,” has signed with IFA Talent Agency. Caruso, whose film credits include “Kiss of Death,” “Mad Dog and Glory” and “King of New York,” can next be seen in Michael Corrente’s “Fence Jumpers.He is managed by Jason Weinberg.
* * *Director Stefan Schwartz, who most recently helmed the Fox Searchlight release “Shooting Fish,” has signed with the Gersh Agency. Schwartz continues to be repped in the U.K. by ICM’s Greg Hunt. Helmer Bryan Spicer (“For Richer, For Poorer,” “McHale’s Navy” and “The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers”) also has signed with the Gersh Agency. Spicer, who started his career in television, also directed the pilot for the Fox TV series “The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
* * *Steven Gary Saltman and Robert K. Cambridge have formed Ablaze Entertainment, an agency specializing in television packaging, with an emphasis on representing producers and on-air talent. Based in Encino (with satellite offices in New York and Tokyo), Ablaze boasts a client list which includes Mark von Monsky, former head of Metromedia News and producer of Paramount’s “Hard Copy”; “Good Morning America” producer Michael Krauss; gameshow producer Merrill Heatter (“”Gambit,” “High Rollers”); and Jules Sylvester, host of UPN’s “America’s Greatest Pets.” Saltman previously ran his own consulting firm, Saltman Telecommunications Associates, which he opened in 1992. Before forming Ablaze, Cambridge headed Cambridge Media Group, which distributed the Fox series “Roc” in syndication and served as a consultant for Western International Syndication.
* * *Anne Pedersen has been upped to vice president of television business affairs at International Creative Management. Pedersen, who has worked at ICM since 1995, continues to report to Aviva Bergman, senior VP of television business affairs. She will continue working with agents to negotiate and supervise deals involving ICM clients in all areas of the TV biz, including series, MOWs, miniseries and talkshows. Before she joined ICM, Pedersen worked in business affairs at Paramount Network Television and in the legal department of Universal Merchandising.
* * *Writers Drew Gitlin and Mike Cheda — who penned the Morgan Creek feature “Chill Factor,” which stars Cuba Gooding Jr. and Skeet Ulrich — have signed with Premiere Artists Agency, where they will be repped by Susan Sussman and Richard Sankey.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!