Slate carries $5 mil-a-pic budget
Flashpoint, a London-based financier of motion pictures and television series, has inked a deal to provide up to $30 million for Los Angeles indie production house Regent Entertainment’s next six features.The deal marks Flashpoint’s second co-financing venture with Regent, having also provided funding for six pics, including “Gods and Monsters.” According to Regent partner Stephen Jarchow, the company’s next slate of pics — all budgeted around $5 million, and skedded to begin production this year — include:
- “Hide and Seek,” a family thriller for the Fox Family Channel, starring Tim Matheson as a cop assigned to guard a child murder witness.
- “Nostradamus,” a thriller about a cop who travels back in time and becomes the future-predicting Nostradamus. Feature is aimed to serve as a pilot for an eventual series.
- “Deep Freeze,” about a group of scientists who discover a monster in the Arctic.
- “Neverlands,” about “Peter Pan” creator J.M. Barrie.
- “Red Team,” about an elite team that hunts down serial killers.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more