Geoff Suddleson has been upped to director of development at Universal. Suddleson previously served as creative assistant for production to Marc Platt. Suddleson has worked on a variety of pics, including “Die Hard With a Vengeance” and “Wayne’s World.” In his new post, Suddleson will be responsible for acquiring and developing film projects for U.
* * *L.A Opera has announced the appointment of several new board members. Leonard I. Green has been named president and CEO of the company; Richard Seaver has been elected chairman of the Music Center Opera Assn.; and Bernard Greenberg, chairman since 1993, will serve as chair of the executive committee.
* * *E! Entertainment Television has named Patricia Frith (formerly Patricia Carroll) director of corporate and international publicity. Frith’s new responsibilities include identifying opportunities and setting priorities for E! trade and international campaigns. Prior to joining E!, Frith served as director of entertainment public relations for Encore media group.
* * *Lou Robinson has been upped to veepee of video promotion/marketing for RCA. In his new position, Robinson will continue to oversee all video outlets including MTV, VH1, M2, the Box, BET and all U.S. regional shows. Robinson came to RCA in 1994 as senior director of video promotion.
* * *Louise Alaimo has been named veepee of marketing at Bonneville Worldwide Entertainment. In her new position, Alaimo will oversee all of the company’s marketing functions including packaging, promotion, advertising and publicity, as well as overseeing the company’s entry onto the Web. Alaimo joins Bonneville after seven years with New Line Cinema, where she was veepee marketing/acquisitions, special interest product.
* * *Steven Israelsky has been named regional veepee, affiliate relations, northeast region at Fox Family Channel. Based in New York, Israelsky will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with affiliates in the northeast region. Prior to his appointment, Israelsky was USA Network’s director of national accounts.