NEW YORK – Standup comic Kevin James has landed a six-episode commitment to star in a sitcom for NBC, sources said. James, who has created heat off an appearance at the Montreal Comedy Festival, got a mid-six-figure deal for a sitcom he’ll produce with his manager Jeff Sussman.James was brought in by NBC’s Shelley McCrory, director of primetime series; Lori Opendum, senior VP of casting; and NBC Entertainment prexy Warren Littlefield. The comedian is repped by William Morris’ James Dixon and Mike August.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut