Bunim/Murray Prods. has acquired the domestic rights to “Wanted,” an off-the-beaten-path U.K. series that’s part gameshow, part scavenger hunt and part suspense thriller.Bunim/Murray, creator and producer of MTV’s verite-reality series “The Real World” and “Road Rules,” plans to shop the project to network, cable and syndication outlets later this month. “Wanted,” which just finished its second season on the U.K.’s Channel 4, pits teams of “runners” against teams of “trackers” in a nationwide game of cat-and-mouse. The longer the runners elude the trackers, the more money they win. At the same time, the runners have to complete a series of “missions” each week that force them into the path of the trackers. Company principals Mary-Ellis Bunim and Jonathan Murray will produce the show in a joint venture with U.K./Channel 4 and Hewland Intl. Format rights to “Wanted” recently have been sold in Germany, Sweden, Japan and other foreign territories. Bunim/Murray’s deal was brokered by Mark Itkin and Ben Silverman of the William Morris Agency.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut