Sunday’s two-hour premiere episode of the MGM Worldwide TV Group series “Stargate SG-1″ generated for Showtime’s highest-ever ratings for a series premiere and ranks as the highest-rated original movie to premiere on Showtime in 3-1/2 years, according to the network.Showtime would not, however, confirm any numbers for the launch of the sci-fi series starring Richard Dean Anderson. It was learned through Nielsen that “Stargate” on Sunday tallied a healthy 10.5 rating in Showtime’s approximately 12 million U.S. households, or just shy of 1.5 million homes in total. The first of 20 hourlong episodes of “Stargate SG-1″ begin airing tonight at 10 on the Viacom pay-cabler.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California