MADRID — E! Entertainment Television will launch Estilo — its first round-the-clock branded channel in Europe — in a joint venture with Spain’s Canal Satellite Digital (CSD).CSD is a high-flying digital platform that is partially owned by Canal Plus France (21%) and Spanish conglom Prisa (21%). Estilo is an entertainment, news and lifestyle channel, which will board CSD in October as part of its basic service. Under the co-ownership agreement CSD will hold a controlling interest in Estilo and will produce local programming for the channel. The E!-CSD deal continues a boom in channel carriage announcements for Spain’s two digital platforms. This will climax with Via Digital (controlled by Telefonic) unveiling the dates of its launch today, and CSD launching its Turner triptych of TNT Classic Movies, the Cartoon Network and CNN Intl. on Monday. CSD just passed 125,000 subscribers in Spain, making it the third-biggest digital service in Europe after France’s Canal Satellite Numerique and Television Par Satellite.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut