CNN’s special hour-long edition of its “Burden of Proof” show featuring the cable news network’s first full post-murder interview with O.J. Simpson tripled the program’s average rating for the second quarter of 1997.The interview drew a 2.1 rating and was seen in nearly 1.5 million homes. That compares to “Burden of Proof’s” recent average of 0.7, or a 200% increase. In addition, Monday’s installment of “Larry King Live” – centering on Simpson and including an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer – pulled in a 3.0 rating, the most-viewed edition of “King” in nearly a year. It was watched in about 2.2 million homes.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut