King World Prods. has closed deals in at least five more markets for its upcoming syndie talk-variety strip featuring Roseanne.The fall 1998 entry was sold Wednesday to CBS affiliate KPHO Phoenix and NBC O&O KNSD San Diego. Station sources say spirited bidding for the show in Phoenix drove the weekly cash license fee up to the $35,000 to $38,000 range, a hefty pricetag for a new show in the nation’s 17th-largest TV market. Patrick North, general manager of KPHO, would not comment on financial terms of the deal. Other new stations include NBC affils WCMH Columbus, WJAR Providence/New Bedford, R.I., and WVTM Birmingham, Ala.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut