Look for more celebrities to stop by the “Ricki Lake” set next season. Columbia TriStar Television Distribution has tapped VH1 exec Perry Turcotte as a producer on the show, a hiring that reflects the behind-the-scenes effort to book more stars on the young adult-oriented talker.While “Ricki” isn’t planning to go full-bore into “Rosie O’Donnell’s” celebrity chat format anytime soon, producers can’t ignore the success “Rosie,” “Oprah Winfrey” and other competitors have had with hours devoted to celebs. Turcotte, formerly VH1’s manager, talent and creative development, is one of several new producers expected to join “Ricki Lake” as the groundbreaking yakker heads into its fifth season this fall.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California