Paxson Communications has made two exec appointments in preparation for next year’s launch of the Paxson Television Network.Dean Goodman has been named president of the network; Jay Hoker has been appointed president of Paxson Television Stations. Paxson officials would not comment on its specific plans for creating a new broadcast web. Paxson owns or controls more than 60 TV stations, most of them weak UHF outlets that currently air infomercials and other paid programming. Paxson’s corporate web site says the company hopes to replace some of the paid programming with “mainstream” fare in fall 1998.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut