Roseanne wasn’t the only 1998 talk contender making headway in the syndie marketplace last week. Paramount Domestic Television has quietly been closing deals in midsized markets for its upcoming chat show with Howie Mandel.Par has sold the show to Gannett Broadcasting’s NBC affiliates KPNX Phoenix and WKYC Cleveland, in addition to indie KUSI San Diego, Scripps Howard Broadcasting’s WPTV West Palm Beach, Fla., and Young Broadcasting’s ABC affil WTEN Albany, N.Y. Par is expected to formally attack the New York, Los Angeles and Chicago station juggernaut in the next few weeks. Mandel’s show is set to bow next June, when Par’s “Maury Povich” switches distributors to Universal.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut