The second annual Phlemmy Awards, an American Lung Assn.-sponsored fete, will pay dubious tribute to six Primetime Emmy nominees for airing episodes that glamorize tobacco use. Six other shows will be awarded Pink Lungs for their anti-tobacco messages.The Phlemmys will be held Sept. 11, three days before the Emmys, at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium (site of the real Emmys) and at Cathedral Square in downtown Sacramento. The Phlemmy and Pink Lungs winners are decided by teenagers, who the Lung Assn. hopes will shame TV producers who glorify smoking.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut