SYDNEY– Peter O’Connell has been tapped as a director of Kerry Packer’s PBL Enterprises, with special responsibility for Packer’s new moves into gaming. He will oversee Packer’s stakes in the Sydney Harbor Casino (whose management contract Packer acquired from U.S.-based Showboat recently) and racing telecaster Sky Channel.A former partner of prestigious law firm Minter Ellison, O’Connell most recently sat on the board of telco group Optus, representing the interests of U.S. telco BellSouth.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California