SYDNEY– Peter O’Connell has been tapped as a director of Kerry Packer’s PBL Enterprises, with special responsibility for Packer’s new moves into gaming. He will oversee Packer’s stakes in the Sydney Harbor Casino (whose management contract Packer acquired from U.S.-based Showboat recently) and racing telecaster Sky Channel.A former partner of prestigious law firm Minter Ellison, O’Connell most recently sat on the board of telco group Optus, representing the interests of U.S. telco BellSouth.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California