SYDNEY– Peter O’Connell has been tapped as a director of Kerry Packer’s PBL Enterprises, with special responsibility for Packer’s new moves into gaming. He will oversee Packer’s stakes in the Sydney Harbor Casino (whose management contract Packer acquired from U.S.-based Showboat recently) and racing telecaster Sky Channel.A former partner of prestigious law firm Minter Ellison, O’Connell most recently sat on the board of telco group Optus, representing the interests of U.S. telco BellSouth.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California