Nickelodeon plans to begin rolling out Aug. 23 the first new installments in four years of its popular cartoon series “Rugrats,” with 13 original episodes to run during the coming season and a total of 26 being made over the next two years.Introduced on the Viacom kiddie cabler in 1991, “Rugrats” was the highest-rated regularly scheduled series in all of basic cable for the 1996 calendar year. A recent “Rugrats Mother’s Day Special” emerged No. 1 in its primetime slot among target demo age 2-11. About 70 segments of the series have been produced to date.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut