Constance Marie has replaced Mel Gorham as the lead of NBC’s Thursday sitcom “Union Square.”Gorham was recently dropped from the show developed for her after NBC Studios decided to make it more of a “true ensemble,” NBC said Wednesday (Daily Variety, June 18). “Union Square” is set to air this fall in the high-profile slot between “Friends” and “Seinfeld.” Marie has starred in the feature “Selena,” ABC’s sitcom “Spin City” and the daytime drama “Santa Barbara.” The character she’ll be playing has been changed slightly from the original premise. Instead of Miami to New York transplant Mel Suarez, Marie will play Gabriella Valdez from El Paso, Texas. “Union Square” is produced by Fred Barron and Marco Pennette, and is directed by James Burrows.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut