BERLIN — MultiThematique is the first digital pay TV channel bouquet to be granted a national digital license in Germany. The bouquet, which has operated under a test license since June, was given permission to broadcast nationally by the Bavarian New Media Authority (BLM) last week.Paris-based MultiThematique, a joint venture of Canal Plus, General d’Images and Tele-Communications Inc., is offering four niche channels in Germany: documentaries on Planet, hunting and fishing on Seasons, and classic movies Cine Classics I and II. Three new channels are planned for the spring of 1998. The MultiThematique bouquet is marketed in Germany by digital pay-TV platform DF1, which is due to merge with paybox Premiere early next year. German satellite households and cable homes serviced by Deutsche Telekom can already subscribe to MultiThematique.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania