Carmen Electra, who took over for Jenny McCarthy as co-host of MTV’s “Singled Out” last November, has inked a development deal with MTV Prods. to center a primetime series for one of the broadcast webs, as speculation swirls that MTV is leaning toward canceling “Singled Out.”The plan is for MTV Prods. to explore various genres in developing a vehicle for Electra, who recently landed a recurring role on “Baywatch” and had a cameo in the Nickelodeon feature “Good Burger.” “Shown by her experience with ‘Singled Out’ and ‘Baywatch,’ Carmen has already proven her versatility as a performer,” said MTV Prods. VP Ken Mok. MTV Prods. is the off-channel production arm of MTV, developing and producing feature films as well as non-MTV television projects. The unit landed network series deals with all three of its pilots this fall: “Jenny” (NBC), “Hitz” (UPN) and “Three” (the WB).
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania