NEW YORK—Veteran producers Don Mischer and Gil Cates are teaming for a two-hour spesh next April in honor of the state of Israel’s 50th anniversary.“America and its Friends Salute Israel” will tape at the Shrine Auditorium April 14 and air in primetime on CBS the following night, with Larry Gelbart (“MASH”) on board as head writer. The variety special will include remotes from various international sites, as well as musical and filmed tributes. Lorimar co-founder Merv Adelson and ICM founder Marvin Josephson are co-chairmen of the anniversary committee and will also oversee the spesh and related events running from December to May.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut