MADRID – The Latin-American TV market MIDIA’97 will take place June 24-26 at Madrid’s Palacio Municipal de Congresos. MIDIA bowed last year as a conduit to boost Spanish-language TV program sales between Spain, Latin America and the rest of the world. While MIDIA ’96 proved more of a meet than a deal-rich market, exhibitors nonetheless welcomed the chance to schmooze at length with clients. MIDIA 97 has continued strong backing from Spain’s powerful Spanish producers union, Fapae, and the Spanish government, which is convinced that Latin America is a more natural market than the rest of Europe for Spanish TV product. This year, MIDIA’s organizers will send out 700 invites to boost attendance, particularly from Latin American buyers and top congloms.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut