The King World/Roseanne sales express has blown through San Francisco, with the fall 1998 talkshow entry landing at CBS O&O KPIX.On the heels of last week’s sale to five top-10 market NBC O&Os, the clearance in San Francisco prompted distributor King World Prods. to declare the Roseanne talk-variety vehicle a “two-year firm go.” Sources said the NBC O&Os in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and Washington also have given the show a two-year commitment, but an NBC rep would not confirm the length of the deal. KPIX was believed to be the only bidder for the show in the nation’s fifth-largest TV market, because few timeslots were available. Nonetheless, King World nabbed a sizable weekly cash license fee — an estimated $20,000 to $25,000 — for the show from KPIX. Station officials declined to comment.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut