Pubcaster KCET-TV has secured the necessary funding to convert its Emmy-winning public affairs series “Life and Times” into a live broadcast each weeknight beginning January 1998 — making it the first live nightly series produced by KCET in more than 20 years.Up until now, “Life and Times” has aired live only on Fridays, showing on tape Monday through Thursday. Added funding comes via major grants from the James Irvine Foundation, the L.K. Whittier Foundation, Bank of America, Edison Intl. and GTE. Direct cost for the series over the next fiscal year is $2.7 million.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- ONSLOT, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California