Pubcaster KCET-TV has secured the necessary funding to convert its Emmy-winning public affairs series “Life and Times” into a live broadcast each weeknight beginning January 1998 — making it the first live nightly series produced by KCET in more than 20 years.Up until now, “Life and Times” has aired live only on Fridays, showing on tape Monday through Thursday. Added funding comes via major grants from the James Irvine Foundation, the L.K. Whittier Foundation, Bank of America, Edison Intl. and GTE. Direct cost for the series over the next fiscal year is $2.7 million.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California