Heated Barney blows a fuse

An actor last week suffered smoke inhalation when a cooling fan inside his Barney suit short-circuited during filming of the TV show.

The unnamed thesp, filming at a Dallas studio on Tuesday, inhaled a “slight amount of smoke,” according to a spokesman for the series, but was released after a routine examination.

Susan Elsner, a spokeswoman for Lyrick Studios and the Lyons Group, said numerous parents called to say that their children were upset by news reports of the incident. Elsner said the kids were worried that Barney had been burned or, even worse, was a fake.

Lyons Group created and produces the popular “Barney & Friends,” which airs on PBS.

Want to read more articles like this one? SUBSCRIBE TO VARIETY TODAY.
Post A Comment 0

Leave a Reply

No Comments

Comments are moderated. They may be edited for clarity and reprinting in whole or in part in Variety publications.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More TV News from Variety

Loading