German commercial web RTL has inked a three-year output deal with Hallmark Entertainment. Starting in 1998, RTL will have exclusive German-lingo rights to all Hallmark productions, and will co-produce three Hallmark projects each year.The first co-production, miniseries “Merlin” starring Isabella Rossellini and Sam Neill, will air on NBC in May. RTL is also considering acquiring the German-language rights to TV movies shown on Hallmark’s premium channel. The agreement with RTL marks the end of Hallmark’s current output deal with the Munich-based Kirch Group.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut