Twentieth Century Fox has inked a deal with Vivica A. Fox to develop a sitcom for midseason, sources say.Fox has starred in several feature films, including “Independence Day,” “Set it Off,” “Booty Call” and the upcoming “Soul Food.” She was also considered one of the few bright spots in ABC’s short-lived sitcom “Arsenio.” Fox’s management company, Handprint Entertainment, will help produce the new series at 20th, which has no network attached yet. The deal is part of 20th’s strategy to increase its comedy talent holding deals, sources say. The deal was cut by Handprint’s Benny Medina, attorney Lita Richardson and William Morris agents John Fogelman, Jenny Delaney and Greg Lipstone.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut