CBS Eye On People, the news/entertainment cablenet launched March 30, is struggling in its efforts to land distribution. It has not moved over the 2 million subscribers it claimed at sign-on, and speculation is circulating that some Westinghouse insiders are already growing restless with the network’s red ink flow.However, an Eye On People spokeswoman assured that several carriage deals with cable operators are imminent, and the network remains on target to meet its ambitious goal of 10 million subs by year’s end. The fact that one of the EOP shows, “Off 10th,” ceased production this week should not be taken as a sign of anything amiss, the spokeswoman said. “We’ll be announcing several new shows and carriage agreements this summer,” she said. “Everything is going as planned.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California